We are pleased to announce that as of June 1st, Golia Dental will be reopening to all patients. Our entire team has missed seeing your smiling faces at our office and we’re eager to get back to work. While our practice was closed, Dr. Golia spent time consulting with other doctors, reading the latest research on how COVID-19 is spread, and putting together the following safety protocols to protect the health of our patients:
- Prior to your appointment, a member of our staff will contact you to ask screening questions about your health and any possible exposures to COVID-19. You will be asked these questions again when you arrive at our office for your appointment.
- Your temperature will be taken when you enter our office and we will use a pulse oximeter to evaluate your oxygen saturation.
- We will ask you to use hand sanitizer and rinse your mouth with a hydrogen peroxide solution. If you need more hand sanitizer at any point during your visit with us, you will find bottles throughout our office for your convenience.
- We have decided to no longer use our waiting room. Magazines, books, children’s toys, and furniture are too difficult to sanitize between each patient. Please call us from your car when you arrive.
- In order to eliminate waiting, appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. There will be more time allotted between patients to reduce waiting times and prevent patients from congregating in the reception area. Because of this, when scheduling your appointment, you may have fewer times to choose from.
It should also be noted that as a dental practice, we already follow strict protocols for infection control that are set in place by the Centers for Disease Control and the American Dental Association. This includes wearing N95 masks when performing procedures, frequent hand washing and sanitizing, sterilizing all dental tools after use, using multiple systems for control of aerosols and training all staff members on these protocols. If you’re interested in learning more about these practices, call us or you can read about them on the American Dental Association website.
We look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends this month. If you have any questions or concerns about the safeguards we’ve put in place, we’re happy to discuss them with you. Please give us a call at (203) 248-7400 or send us an email via our contact form.
Take care, stay healthy, and we’ll be seeing you soon!